How to Link Aadhaar Card to Canara Bank
Link Aadhar Card to Canara Bank Account: It has become mandatory for the banks, to verify and link Aadhaar information of their customers with their accounts as per guidelines issued by the government. Therefore, the banks are asking their customers to link the Aadhaar Card to the accounts as early as possible in order to avoid uninterrupted transactions.
The Government amended PMLA rules, now all bank accounts should be linked with Aadhaar before March 31, 18 otherwise the accounts will become inoperative till the time the Aadhaar number is submitted and linked to the accounts. In case a customer is a foreign national / NRI / NRO / Expats, Aadhaar linking is not applicable.
The customers have the flexibility to link their Aadhaar information to their bank accounts either Online or Offline.
For linking your Aadhaar information to your bank account, you need to log in to your bank’s website. If you find a link such as ‘Update Aadhaar Card Details’, ‘Link Aadhaar Card’ or ‘Aadhaar Card Seeding’, then you will be able to link your Aadhaar Card to your bank online by clicking on that link and entering your 12 digit Aadhaar Card Number in the given space.
Process to link Aadhaar Card to Canara Bank Offline
- Visit your bank and obtain the Aadhaar Card & Bank Linking Form. Alternatively, you can download it from your bank’s website and take a print out of it.
- You are required to fill in your Bank Account Number, Current Address, Mobile Number, Phone Number, IFS Code, etc. in that form.
- You are also required to enter your Aadhaar number in the form.
- Fill in all the details in the form correctly.
- Enclose a photocopy of your Aadhaar Card with the form.
- Submit the form to the banker for processing your request.
- The banker will verify it with your original Aadhaar Card.
- The banker will keep the application form for further processing.
- After your request for linking your Aadhaar Card with your account is processed, you will be notified by your bank through email/ SMS.
Process to link Aadhaar Card to Canara Bank Online
- Visit your bank’s official website and login to your internet banking account with your login credentials.
- After logging in to your netbanking account successfully, look for Aadhaar Seeding Option and open it.
- Fill in the details Aadhaar Number in the desired place provided for the same.
- An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number for verification purpose.
- On a successful verification, your bank account will be linked to your aadhaar number.
Process to Check the status of linking of Aadhaar Card with Canara Bank Online
- Visit the site www.uidai.gov.in
- Click on ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status’
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and Security Code displayed on that page
- Click on ‘Submit’ Button
- Then an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP
- Click on ‘Login’
- If you are able to login successfully, the page of the website will display whether your Aadhaar number is successfully linked to the bank or not
- The page will also display information like Bank Name (it will show only the last bank with which your Aadhaar information is linked to), Bank Linking Status and Bank Linking Date
- Remember, if you maintain multiple bank accounts, you will have to check the status of the same with the bank
Process to Check the status of linking of Aadhaar Card with Canara Bank through Mobile
- Dial a number *99*99*1# through your registered Mobile Number
- Enter your Aadhaar Number
- Verify and confirm that the Aadhaar Number entered by you is correct
- Then it will display whether your Aadhaar Card is linked with your Bank Account
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar Card with Canara Bank Account
- Aadhaar is a valid Know your Customer (KYC) document to open bank accounts.
- Receipt of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) subsidies from government including LPG, Kerosene, Sugar, etc. Subsidy directly into Bank account.
- Receive direct credit of other Government subsidies like welfare funds, pensions, scholarships, MNREGA wages etc. into your account.
- Direct credit of welfare funds, pensions, MNREGA wages etc. from government.
- Scholarship from the government will be credited to the account,only if bank account which is on the name of the student is linked with his/ her Aadhaar Card.
- Take advantage of easy and convenient Aadhaar enabled payment systems (AEPS) of following:
- UPI (Unified Payments Interface) payments done through Aadhaar
- BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money)- Aadhaar Pay
- Aadhaar Based payment on biometric Micro ATMs