E-Marketing (Electronic Marketing) are also known as Internet Marketing, Web Marketing, Digital Marketing, or Online Marketing. E-marketing is the process of marketing a product or service using the Internet. Emarkerting not only includes marketing on the Internet, but also includes marketing done via e-mail and wireless media. It uses a range of technologies to help connect businesses to their customers.
Like many other media channels, e-marketing is also a part of integrated marketing communications (IMC), which helps a brand grow across different channels. E-marketing has become a pivotal tactic in the marketing strategy adopted by companies using several digital media channels.
Advantages of E-marketing
Certain advantages of emarketing are discussed as below:
- Much better return on investment from than that of traditional marketing as it helps increasing sales revenue.
- E-marketing means reduced marketing campaign cost as the marketing is done through the internet
- Fast result of the campaign as it helps to target the right customers.
- Easy monitoring through the web tracking capabilities help make emarketing highly efficient
- Using e-marketing, viral content can be made, which helps in viral marketing.
Types of e-marketing
There are several ways in which companies can use internet for marketing. Some ways of e-marketing are:
- Article marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Video marketing
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
All these and other methods help a company or brand in e-marketing and reaching customer through the internet.
Hence, this concludes the definition of E-Marketing along with its overview.
Browse the definition and meaning of more terms similar to E-Marketing. The Management Dictionary covers over 7000 business concepts from 6 categories.